2012

Venturing forth on another expedition to Teachers College to further explore Readers Workshop.

2011

Back in the saddle again for Round 3. K and I are ready to add some shine to our Writers Workshop strategies this summer. Until we jump on the bandwagon Monday morning we are taking note of the metropolitan environs... and then some.

2010


After jumping in with both feet, teaching Readers and Writers Workshop in our classrooms for a year, K and I are back at Teachers College for Act II. We are attending Readers Workshop and will be filling the bill with more strategy focused morning and afternoon sessions. Until Monday, when the training gets underway, we are obligated to paint the town red, (or "read", as the case may be).

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Last Call

A final run in Central Park - though this picture doesn't show it, the place was packed with ambitious runners, bikers, and bladers at 7:00am. It was like being on a superhighway!



















During my sweep through Fairway Market for breakfast and lunchables, my sweet tooth insisted on a collection of souvenirs.
Stockpiling my new favorite chocolate bar, made in Brooklyn. I have to give B credit for pointing me in the direction of these pups.





















Remember these? The best baklava...




















A final date with Joe and some Joe to go.




















To quote a Ricky Martin song, (yes Anna, this stuck with me from Manuel's Hot Latin Dance class...)
Life is short
So make it what you wanna
Make it good
Don't wait until manana











Final round of mental muscle flexing with Jen Serravallo and Barb Golub.
Dream Team 2012.













Then back to Riverside church where Jen, my reading instruction guru, gave the keynote speech.

And then, Lucy Calkins sent us back into the world as ambassadors of hope, possibility, and promise for the future of education.
Lucy and I are breathing the same air!



No comments:

Post a Comment