2012

Venturing forth on another expedition to Teachers College to further explore Readers Workshop.

2011

Back in the saddle again for Round 3. K and I are ready to add some shine to our Writers Workshop strategies this summer. Until we jump on the bandwagon Monday morning we are taking note of the metropolitan environs... and then some.

2010


After jumping in with both feet, teaching Readers and Writers Workshop in our classrooms for a year, K and I are back at Teachers College for Act II. We are attending Readers Workshop and will be filling the bill with more strategy focused morning and afternoon sessions. Until Monday, when the training gets underway, we are obligated to paint the town red, (or "read", as the case may be).

Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's a Small World


Immediately upon my red-eyed arrival to my home-away-home building, I bumped into a group of Cotsen Foundation Fellows from our beloved Santa Cruz county. They were already in high gear to get out the door and hit the town. Meanwhile, I steeled myself to apply my crackerjack napping skills to catch up on the lost zzzzz's in preparation for afternoon's affairs.

Once back into the vertical mode, I partook of a picnic with a welcoming committee of local squirrels and pigeons. We dined amongst piles of peanut shells,
(not from me!) and the occasional short and sweet rain shower.










In the evening I strolled the promenades skirting Times Square with two West Coast youngster-hipsters friends, D and C, that just happened to be in this town too! We ate to our heart's content at an exceptional "cozy" Thai restaurant that didn't leave much to swing a cat in. Good food and company though!







2 comments: